The Android mobile devices that do not have Play Store are practically incomplete. This is the app that Android devices use to download and install all the apps that we know. Not having the app store by excellence of Android is a clear disadvantage. But, the good thing is that Android lends those unfortunate people another chance, thanks to the admitting of APK files. Let’s learn more about APK files and Play Store APK download in the following article. That way, you won’t have to depend on Play Store to have the apps you need.
What are APK?
First of all, you need to know what APK files are. APKs are simply Android apps that come in .apk format. The advantage of APKs is that you can transfer them to any Android device or PC without problems, the same way you’d pass music, pictures and videos. Thus, you can pass APKs from your PC to your device anytime to install it in your phone. After installing them in your Android device, it will be the same as an app downloaded directly from Play Store.
Many people prefer having APK than downloading apps from Play Store, reason why you shouldn’t worry too much if you do not have Play Store, or it doesn’t work. Now, let’s learn how to download APKs and then how to install them in your Android device.
How to download APKs safely
APKs aren’t available in any website; and if so, few are truly reliable. So, in order to know which ones deserve your confidence, trust in us. We will show you the safest way of downloading APKs, and later on we’ll tell you how to install those APK in your Android device. Make sure you follow the instructions that are in this tutorial specifically, so you are not exposed to unnecessary safety risks.
(This procedure is best when made by a PC, because it is faster and the website’s design is best for PCs. Besides, you can pass the APK to your phone later on without corrupting it.)
- The first step to download an APK is choosing a reliable website that lends original APKs, not falsifications. We recommend this blog, one of the best sites in what refers to obtaining APKs safely, without jeopardizing your phone’s security. To go to this official website, type in your favorite web browser https://www.playstoredownload.blog or just click on the link.
Actually, this blog home page has a completely orange upper bar, and has the blog logo in the top-left part of the page. Check if these characteristics are in the page, to make sure you are in the correct site.
- Click on the search box, which is located in the orange bar, in the top-right. Anyways, it is labeled with Search, so locating the search box will be very easy.
- Now, type in the name of the app you want to download. Let’s suppose that you want to download WhatsApp, for example. (We will now use WhatsApp as the example from now on to make the tutorial easier to understand.) Type WhatsApp in the search box.
- Then, click on the Search icon (represented by a magnifying glass), or press the Enter button on your keyboard.
- Now, several results will appear in the results list that is located in the APK section. Only choose the WhatsApp version you want to download. Notice that there are many beta versions, which means that they have not been launched officially yet. This might be awesome, but it might not work either. It’s your decision anyway…
- After choosing one of the versions available, click on the Download icon located at the far right side of the result. It is represented by an arrow pointing down and a thin bar below.
- Next, a new page will appear, with some brief specifications of what’s new in that version you chose. Scroll down and click on the green button, labeled See available APKs.
- Clicking on See available APKs will only take you slightly below, to a small box where you will be able to see some Variants. Click on the green link, which is also the name of the variant.
- Once you click in the variant, you will be immediately redirected to another page. Here, you can see all the technical information of that version. For example, its size (e.g. 37.75 MB), version (e.g. 2.17.342), minimum Android version required (e.g. Android 4.0,3), and more. Read this info, if you are interested.
- Once you are done reading the technical information of that version (if you did so), click on the Download APK button, which is located at the right.
- After you click on Download APK, another page will appear. But this one is to start the download, finally. Just wait some seconds until the download starts.
- Wait the necessary time until the download finishes.
How to install APKs after Play Store APK download
When the APK is already downloaded in your PC, you will have to pass it to your mobile device now. Use a USB cable, Bluetooth, or any other method to send it to your Android device. After the APK is in your Android’s storage, follow these last steps to install the APK just as any other app.
- Don’t forget the location where you dropped the APK in, because you have to open the APK on your device’s storage as the first installation step.
- Open the APK file from your Android device.
- Some app permissions should appear. Read and accept all the permissions, one by one, until the Install option appears below. When that happens, tap on Install.
- Now, wait a few seconds until the APK is fully installed in your device. It will not last long.
- Once the installation is complete, tap on Open to check out the app you installed and see if everything turns out OK.
If the app closes unexpectedly without no apparent reason, try uninstalling the app and installing it again, repeating the installation procedure. The good thing is that you can uninstall and install the APK as you please with no need to download them again.